Minolta X-700 35mm Camera Body, Black
Tested and ready to shoot. Does not come with lens.
Serial No: 2810423
The Minolta X-700 is a manual focus 35mm film SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera. It's a handy, nicely sized, manual-focus-only camera with a classic form factor and full manual controls. Full manual controls (and depth of field preview) make this camera an excellent choice for film photography students.
Originally introduced in 1981 the X-700 was Minolta's last and most technologically sophisticated non-autofocus SLR. The X-700 features an electronically timed shutter, convenient auto-exposure capabilities, TTL (Through The Lens) flash metering with compatible flashes, an electronic self timer, optional audible warnings, battery saving design. The perfect combination of sophistication and simplicity, the full featured X-700 remained in the Minolta line-up for two decades; In P mode, the camera selects both the shutter and aperture for the correct exposure, so all you have to do is focus and shoot. But if you want to take over, there's aperture-priority exposure control and full metered manual exposure control right at your fingertips
The X-700 uses Minolta MD series lenses. While the number of lenses available in Minolta MD mount are not quite as vast or directly extensible as say Nikon's competing F Mount, Minolta MD lenses are very high quality optics and provide an exceptional value.
- 35mm film SLR camera
- Manual Focus only
- Uses Minolta MD lenses
- Full manual exposure control
- Aperture Priority and Program auto-exposure modes
- TTL flash and ambient metering
- Electronically timed shutter
- Illuminated internal metering display
- Battery saving touch-switch and auto metering shut-off
- Electronic self timer with visual and audible indicators
- Optional low shutter speed audible warning
- Depth of Field Preview button
- Uses two PX76/MS76 1.5v (or equivalent like LR44) batteries